Clouds as well as natural and anthropogenic aerosols have considerable and complex interactions with the atmosphere and solar radiations. More and more scientists focus on analysing these interactions and their affect on meteorology and the changing climate, in numerous specialised fields as various as:
- Aerosol and cloud analysis and modelling
- Climate change analysis and forecast
- Air quality monitoring and forecast
- Study of optical properties of the atmosphere
- Validation and correction of satellite measurements
Scientists need instruments that comply with a large number of requirements:
- Best available accuracy
- Sustainable instruments, with minimum maintenance
- Continuous operation within fixed network
- Reliable communication systems
- Operation in campaign, in remote places and sometimes in mobile mode
Cimel, a specialist in ground based remote sensing instruments
- Since 25 years, Cimel has developed several instruments dedicated to atmosphere sciences that are used by leading scientific organisations in the world.
- In particular, Cimel’s photometer CE318 equips the worldwide AERONET federation and has become the reference instrument for aerosol monitoring networks.
- All instruments are designed according to Cimel’s philosophy resulting in high quality measurements with field proven reliability and very low maintenance requirements.
- Cimel provides direct support for installation, training and maintenance.
Eye safe LiDAR for 24/7 aerosol and cloud monitoring up to the stratosphere
The CE370 LiDAR provides continuous high performance measurements of aerosol and cloud spatial...
CE351 imager measures the sky radiance in 6 bandwidths from 406 nm to 628 nm. Its original patented design of its telecentric optics (Fish-eye +/- 92°) ensures an absolute measure with high angular resolution The instant...
CE332 is a very accurate device for measuring simultaneously an aimed target radiance and brightness over three thermal infrared bandwidths The radiometer is specially designed to be used in mobile field campaigns or...
The CE312 IR radiometer CLIMAT (*) is the benchmark precision instrument for measurements of spectral luminance in 4 to 6 thermal InfraRed bands. Thanks to differential measurement principle, it performs...
The CE376 is a compact, eyesafe backscatter LiDAR, featuring outstanding performances for the automated continuous monitoring of aerosols.It operates in the visible (green) and/or in the...